ZodiaX Forum
And You Are? [AzrethxZel] - Page 3 AnnouncementPopupFIN
ZodiaX Forum
And You Are? [AzrethxZel] - Page 3 AnnouncementPopupFIN
ZodiaX Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

| Guest | Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:39 am | Guest's Post Count: 0 |

HomeSearchLatest imagesLog inRegister

And You Are? [AzrethxZel]

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
PuddleInk
Council Member
Council Member
PuddleInk

Quick-Journal
Currently Playing:: PuddleInk
Looking for the Following Plots::

And You Are? [AzrethxZel] - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: And You Are? [AzrethxZel]   And You Are? [AzrethxZel] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 2:10 am

" You... Are a brave man. " Zel said, shaking his head, " No one asks the matriarch questions like that... My grandmother is scary as all hell when she isn't trying to shovel your plate full of green things that may-or may not be- veggitables boiled in lambs broth. " Obviously, family was kinda important to the Alchemist. Magic ran in his blood, but they were shepards by trade when they weren't dealing with the whole magical world. Something about not getting killed in witch huts, Nam said when asked why. Zel really couldn't remember.

Finishing up his meal and drink, Zel threw more than enough coins on the table. The quick service had to be rewarded, plus he liked to keep the innkeeper happy. Nice lady. Scary when pissed. " Hm? No real plan other than taking the path that few travel on. Less chance of coming across bandits. More chance that we'll perchance stumble upon your legend. We may have to leave the animals here though. We're a little too close to the edge to comfortably wander around with horses without attracting large amounts of attention from the unwanted kind like sky pirates. " Then again, Sky Pirates were stories too, weren't they?

" Anyways, I need sleep. Flinging balls of water at you exausted my reserve and if I don't sleep soon, I'm probably gonna jump up on stage and sing a ditty that isn't appropriate for that kid there yonder. " That said, Zel stood up, ruffled the boy on the head, muttered somthing about upstairs in the fifth room, and headed off to bed to zonk out for a few hours before the morning rise at dawn's break.
Back to top Go down
Saevus Veritas
His Majesty
His Majesty
Saevus Veritas

Quick-Journal
Currently Playing:: Altais Mal'bain [ Demon ]

PostSubject: Re: And You Are? [AzrethxZel]   And You Are? [AzrethxZel] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 5:58 pm

Azreth watched the Alchemist go, feeling a wave of pleasure surge through him when the man had ruffled his hair. It was an intimate gesture, such as an older brother would do to a younger. The boy stretched and stood up from the table, feeling a restlessness that told him he wouldn't be able to sleep just yet. A walk in the moonlight wouldn't hurt.

The boy told the woman that he was stepping out for some air in case Zel woke up, and headed out through the Inn's doors, breathing deeply. This place smelled different than his home, and it was refreshing, though he did miss the scent of the plains. The tiny village was quaint, and the woods surrounding the place were filled with all sorts of noises.

Azreth set off in a direction at random, pulling his cloak tighter around his shoulders. There was a bit of a bite to the air, and a gentle breeze was blowing in from the north, lifting the hem of his cloak and caressing his hair. The boy let out a soft sigh. Were they on a wild goose chase? He knew that the creature calling out to him was real -- as real as anything -- but how could they know if it would appear to them?

The boy Prince's awareness of the world around him faded, and his eyes began to close. He knew that the creature was real. Even now, the presence inside of him was calling to him, bidding he come quickly, quickly. Azreth turned to the north. He was that way. The boy stretched out a hand and from his fingers, a flash of searing white light exploded, shooting forward through the trees in a perfectly straight line.

The boy screamed, startled, and lost his footing, falling backwards onto his rump quite gracelessly. He winced, and the light disappeared, leaving onto a faint blue glow on his eyelids in the dark of night. Azreth groaned, picking himself up and glared accusingly at his hand. What in the Nine Hells just happened? He inspected his fingers closely, but they gave no sign of what had just happened.

Come to me.

Azreth started, looking around himself. He was being Called. "I-" Azreth's voice cracked, sounding unnaturally loud in the darkness. He frowned, and sort of...thought the words to the presence inside of his mind. I'm coming. As fast as I can. But we need to rest tonight. Tomorrow we'll be on our way, as fast as we can. You have my word.

Azreth waited for what felt like a hundred years, but there was no reply. Shrugging to himself, and oddly finding his hands shaking, he made his way back to the Inn. That was enough adventure for one night. But still...why had that light done that? Where did it come from, and where was it going? Azreth shook his head, making his way upstairs.

He fell onto the rug at the hearth gratefully, not even bothering to undress. He would tell Zel in the morning about what had happened.
Back to top Go down
PuddleInk
Council Member
Council Member
PuddleInk

Quick-Journal

PostSubject: Re: And You Are? [AzrethxZel]   And You Are? [AzrethxZel] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 5:33 pm

Ah... The morning. The morning brought such sweet scents of baking bread and breakfast that Zel was out of bed probably before the sun rose that morning. Indeed, the boy would normally still be asleep, but it was a journey and one had to be prepared . And in this case, new clothes for the kid. Somehow Zel managed to sneak into the boy's pack, and hawk almost all his nicer clothes that would rip and tear a leaf so much as wiggled. They were replaced with less fine garments, but they were stronger and more suitable to travel. Plus, they didn't look so rich. This, again, was all done well before dawn's light.

Provisions were bought and packed away, bed rolls were stowed, and Zel now had the fun task of waking up the sleeping prince again. Ever softly, Zel kicked at the boy's feet. " Wake up. Dawn's been here for an hour now. " With a grin, Zel leaned over and put his finger inches away from the prince's forhead. Takng a breath, Zel then shouted into the boy's ear, ' I'm not TOUCHING YOU! '.

Why?

No clue.

It seemed like the right thing to do at the time.

The bedroll and packed pack would then be dropped in the boy's lap.

"Good! You're up! We have Nine hours of walking to do in four hours. Wash your face and lets go. Oh and I sold your cloths, by the way. "
Back to top Go down
Saevus Veritas
His Majesty
His Majesty
Saevus Veritas

Quick-Journal
Currently Playing:: Altais Mal'bain [ Demon ]

PostSubject: Re: And You Are? [AzrethxZel]   And You Are? [AzrethxZel] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2012 1:50 am

Azreth had, of course, been awakened by yet another one of Zel's tender affections. Which -- of course -- put him in such a wonderful mood for the remainder of the morning. He blew a sigh out through his nose and shoved the Alchemist's hand out of his face as he sat up, rubbing the sleep from his eyes. It took a moment for the man's words to register. "Y-You what? Sold his clothes...? The boy shoved down his annoyance as he closed his eyes, jaw clenched, and counted to twenty to rein in his emotions. "I'm docking the full purchase price of them from your pay." With a sigh, the Crowned Prince stood up, packing away his bedroll and various knickknacks before frowning over at Zel.

"We have horses. There's no need to walk." He grabbed a warm biscuit from a tray on one of the tables, holding it between his teeth as he pocketed several more, along with an apple. He scarfed down the bread and turned to face Zel as he straightened his clothes, wrinkled from sleeping in them. At least the Alchemist hadn't taken these -- a precious gift from his father. "Besides, we need to hurry. I was contacted again last night."

He paused for a moment, collecting the hazy memories of the previous evening. "When you fell asleep, I went out for a walk in the forest. My heart was pulling me north, and I sort of...reached out my hand. Then this brilliant white light shot out from my fingers and streaked its way north, for as far as I could see before I freaked out." He grinned wryly, holding up his hand for Zel's inspection. It was entirely unblemished, the same as it had always been. "And there were no marks or anything." He shrugged on his pack to take it out to the stables to get the horses ready, Zel falling into step beside him. "Any idea what it was?"
Back to top Go down
PuddleInk
Council Member
Council Member
PuddleInk

Quick-Journal

PostSubject: Re: And You Are? [AzrethxZel]   And You Are? [AzrethxZel] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2012 3:14 am

" Kid," Zel began, aware that the boy was pissed, " you stand out like a sore thumb in your fancy clothes, and I'm not on your payroll." He frowned again as suddenly he was told off for trying to keep the boy alive. Well! Screw that. The brat wanted to learn the hardway? So be it. Standing back up, Zel stretched his hands with fingers intertwined. Soft pops and cracks sounded as he stretched and grabbed his already packed pack and nearly spluttered when the boy pointed out that they had horses they could use.

Really, this one had never been out of the city ever. Yes, they had horses. Horses ate twice as much, they made twice as much noise, and rushing to their deaths from some unseen voice was the dumbest thing anyone has ever told Zel. Next to sticking his hand into a pit of fire, but that's another story altogether. Drunken Arcanium bet. He won, but it was still a drunken bet. Ever silently, Zel followed after just waiting for the boy to realize that he was holding a pack filled with provisions. When the prince started stowing apples Zel knew that this brilliant thing he was holding in his hand was going to be ignored. It was going to be one of those days, was it?

Without so much as a sigh of annoyance, Zel opened his mouth to point out that four feet are easier to cover than twelve when a hand was shoved in his face and there was some fancy explanation that the kid had a auditory hallucination as well as some sort of visual light thing. With his mouth still open, the Alchemist's head turned slightly to the side and an eyebrow rose ever so slowly. "You. Are walking. The horses are staying here. And do not ever talk to strange glowing lights. Again. Without me present. " He really was at a loss for words. How was he supposed to explain that? He couldn't.

Not only were they going on a quest to find this 'Azrein' thing, but now the prince was suddenly being told that they needed to head north. North meant the edge of the island. The edge of the island meant nothing between them and the Lands Below for miles. That would kinda hurt a lot if they fell off. It would also be hard to explain to the King that Zel just let his son waltz off their island on a whim. By the Nameless Gods, Zel was screwed either way. " We are not bringing horses to the edge of the world! Are you fricking nuts! The stability is hard enough even for mice and you want to bring quadrupeds? And it was a form of dowsing. But never mind that! " Zel grumbled, slung both packs over his shoulder, tipped his hat to the innkeeper, and in the most graceful manner possible, horsecollared Azreth out of the building. " I swear by the gods above and below, you will be the death of me one of these days. We are walking. Let's go. Shortcut is through the forest. Don't. Talk. To. Floating.Lights. "

And so began the demonology lesson. Which wasn't so bad as it was long winded and Zel made it quite clear that Azreth should always remember to 'do not ever talk to floating lights', ' never agree to anything until they tell you their name ', and most importantly, ' don't make deals with demons'. In his blind rage to get to wherever Azreth had been pointing. ( Was it north? Or was it north west? Why would it be Northwest? Shouldn't it be more to the east. Haven't we crossed this tree before. Oh. No. That was a Laurel Larch, this one is a Birch Larch. Oooh, Dogwood! ) Zel managed to find the shortest path that took probably not even a few hours to get to the edge of the forest. Lucky for them, the bandits weren't about. Even luckier, it was the thinnest part of the forest between civilization and the edge of the world. Not so lucky for them, it was the Edge of the World. Or, rather the edge of the Island. But still, Edge of the world.

... The bear that magically appeared out of nowhere and chased them for a few miles probably helped with their time. But, we won't talk about that.

It stood no more than four hundred yards away at this point. Zel was sitting enjoying his breakfast of honeybread and wine with a bit of fruit on a nicely warmed mossy rock. The Zenith of the day wasn't too far off. And he was quite ready for another lecture on what not to do around edges of islands. And yes, the terrain, though littered with flowing grass that was sweet to the smell, was dangerous even for humans. Zel had to step carefully and scry to find the path ahead and was rather tired as it were. Hence the break. Hence the rather amusing picket fence of white that surrounded the 'safe' area right now. Illusion magic, but it got the point across that anything further than those five yards was uncharted territory and it wasn't to be trusted. Though, at this point in the trip, probably a few weeks past or months.... This point Zel couldn't tell, it wouldn't matter.

But he did remember the subject matter. Demons. "Azreth. Just to make it clear as day why I'm preaching on and on about this is because its incredibly important that there are some laws that I follow that aren't of this land. If I come across a demon in this land, I must destroy it and whomever brought it in to light. " Why Zel brought it up wasn't too far a mystery. He was concerned for the boy. Azreth wasn't thinking clearly right now what with his obsession with this Azrein thing, and there was the subconscious want to return to be there for his father. Zel couldn't blame him. But he could distract him. Unfortunatally, he couldn't do much other than offer lectures and try to teach the boy how not to use his magic.

How long had Zel been talking anyways? " . . . You've tuned out half of what I said this whole time, haven't you? "
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: And You Are? [AzrethxZel]   And You Are? [AzrethxZel] - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

And You Are? [AzrethxZel]
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ZodiaX Forum :: Roleplaying :: Original Character RP :: OC PRP-
Jump to: